Where to Recycle
Regional District manages 7 recycling depots
- Black Point (south of town beside Black Point Store on Highway 101 on Black Point Road)
- Town Centre (Behind Rona off Joyce)
- Tla’amin (Beside the Salish Centre on Salish Drive)
- Lund (Beside the Old Lund Firehall)
- Lasqueti (Behind the Free Store)
- Texada Island
- Gilles Bay (Behind the Community Hall)
- Van Anda (Across from the Gas Station)
Additionally, there is a recycling depot not operated by the qRD – Augusta Recyclers (south of town).
Rural Recycling Depots Hours of Operation
- Blackpoint Store Depot
- Tuesday – Saturday – 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Town Centre Depot
- Monday – Saturday, 8:00am – 5:30pm
- Tla’amin Depot
- Tuesday – Saturday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Lund Depot
- Fall/Winter/Spring Hours: Wednesday – Saturday, 10:00am – 4:30pm
- Summer Hours: (July-August): Thursday – Monday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Lasqueti Depot
- October 1st – March 31st Hours: Monday 10:00am – 2:00pm, Thursday 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- April 1st – September 30: Monday & Thursday 10:00am – 2:00pm, Friday 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Gilles Bay Depot
- Wedesday, Friday & Saturday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Van Anda Depot
- Tuesday & Thursday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Downloadable January – June 2023 City Curbside Recycling & Garbage pick up schedule PDF
Get the qathet Waste Wise App for curbside garbage and recycling pick up reminders. The App also sends qathet Regional District residents alerts and service notifications.
Private Business Recyclers:
- Augusta Recyclers: Monday – Saturday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Sunshine Disposal & Recycling: Monday – Saturday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Wilde Road Sand & Gravel: Call 604.483.9666 for hours of operation.
Recycle paper, glass, metal, plastic & styrofoam that fall within Recycle BC’s program. Check the Recycle BC Guide for details. Augusta receives scrap metal for free & garbage for a fee. Contact. Monday – Saturday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
7346 Sunshine Coast Hwy 604.485.4072
Sunshine Disposal & Recycling (4484 Franklin Ave. 604.485.0167)
Sunshine Disposal & Recycling offers bin rentals and collection for paper & cardboard, organics and yard clean up or construction waste for a fee. Contact.
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm, Saturday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Residents can also drop off larger loads of organics and weed-free yard trimmings for free. AND, free BC Used Oil & Gas Drop-Off site. Only on:
Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wilde Road Sand & Gravel (4951 Tomkinson Rd. (off Wilde Rd) 604.483.9666)
A new service north of Powell River offering free drop off of cardboard & newsprint, yard clippings & tree trimmings, appliances (refrigerant removal fee applies for fridges & freezers) and metal for residents only. Business clients please contact for fee details. Call for hours of operation for drop-offs.
Sunset Coast Bottle Depot (7127 Duncan Street (604) 489-0011)
Bring in bottles for deposit and recycle small appliances. Website.
Monday – Saturday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Contact for a free box to collect used batteries (box comes with mailing address and postage already on it to make sending it off once it’s full easy and free!)
For a fun and informative way to find out what products are recyclable in our area, check out the Recycling Council of British Columbia’s Recyclepedia.
Powell River Recycling Collection Service (5399A Manson 604.483.7990)
Local recycling pick-up contract service.
Monday -Saturday 8:30am – 5:00pm