Where to Recycle
Check out Powell River’s “Recycling Directory” for a list of recyclable items and drop off depot locations.
Use the free depot service reminder to receive updates on seasonal hour changes, unexpected and holiday closures for rural recycling depots and event notifications.
Rural Recycling Depot Locations
- Lund Depot (behind Lund Hotel) Wed – Sat 10:00am – 4:00pm; summer season (July-Aug) – Th – Mon 9am – 5pm
- Sliammon Depot (by Salish Center on Salish Drive) Tues – Sat 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Town Centre Depot (between Rona and MCC Thrift store in Parking lot) Mon – Sat 8:00am – 5:30pm
- Blackpoint Store Depot (Hwy 101 & Black Point Rd) Tues – Sat 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Gilles Bay Depot (behind the Texada Community Hall) Wed, Fri & Sun 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Van Anda Depot (across the intersection from the gas station) Tues & 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Lasqueti Depot (next to Firehall behind Free Store)
Accepted Material at Rural Recycling Depots:
- Recycle BC accepted material
- Cork, batteries, cellphones, plastic writing tools (e.g.pens, markers, highlighters, etc.), Ziplock bags and clothing.
- All accepted recycling must be CLEAN & FREE FROM FOOD RESIDUES.
Private Business Recyclers:
- Augusta Recyclers: Mon – Sat 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Sunshine Disposal & Recycling: Mon – Sat 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Wilde Road Sand & Gravel: Call 604.483.9666 for hours of operation.
Recycle paper, glass, metal, plastic & styrofoam that fall within MMBC’s new program. Check the Powell River Rural Residents’ Recycling Guide for more details. Augusta receives scrap metal for free & garbage for a fee.
7346 Sunshine Coast Hwy 604.485.4072 Mon-Sat 8:00am – 5:00pm
Sunshine Disposal & Recycling
Sunshine Disposal & Recycling provides a paper recycling depot, accepting all recyclable paper products (from both residences & businesses) for free as well as number #2 plastics from the commercial sector. Sunshine Disposal also offers commercial recycling pick-up and bin rentals for yard clean up or construction waste for a fee.
4484 Franklin Ave. 604.485.0167 Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:00pm & Sat 8:30am-4:30pm
Wilde Road Sand & Gravel
A new service north of Powell River offering free drop off of cardboard & newsprint, yard clippings & tree trimmings, appliances (refrigerant removal fee applies for fridges & freezers) and metal for residents only. Business clients please contact for fee details.
4951 Tomkinson Rd. (off Wilde Rd) 604.483.9666 Call for hours of operation for drop-offs.
Sunset Coast Bottle Depot
Bring in bottles for deposit and recycle small appliances.
7564A Sunshine Coast Hwy 604.485.7743 Mon-Sat 8:30am – 5:00pm
Contact for a free box to collect used batteries (box comes with mailing address and postage already on it to make sending it off once it’s full easy and free!).
For a fun and informative way to find out what products are recyclable in our area, check out the Recycling Council of British Columbia’s Recyclepedia.
Powell River Recycling Collection Service
Local recycling pick-up contract service.
5399A Manson 604.483.7990 Mon-Sat 8:30am – 5:00pm
More information about the Recycle BC recycling program: