Where to Recycle
Click here for COVID-19 SERVICE CHANGE ANNOUNCEMENT
Check out Powell River’s recycling directory, the Waste Wise Guide 2020, for a list of recyclable items for the city curbside recycling pick-up & recycling depot drop-off locations.
Use the free depot service reminder to receive updates on seasonal hour changes, unexpected and holiday closures for rural recycling depots and event notifications. Scroll down page to ‘My Schedule.’
Rural Recycling Depots
- Lund Depot (new location May 6th, 2020 – next to Lund Fire Hall on Larson Road)
- Fall/Winter/Spring Hours: Wednesday – Saturday, 10:00am – 4:30pm
- Summer Hours: (July-August): Thursday – Monday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Tla’amin Depot (by Salish Center on Salish Drive)
- Tuesday – Saturday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Town Centre Depot (between Rona and Thrift Store in Parking lot)
- Monday – Saturday, 8:00am – 5:30pm
- Blackpoint Store Depot (Hwy 101 & Black Point Rd)
- Tuesday – Saturday – 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Gilles Bay Depot (behind the Texada Community Hall)
- Wedesday, Friday & Saturday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Van Anda Depot (across the intersection from the gas station)
- Tuesday & Thursday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Lasqueti Depot (next to firehall)
- October 1st – March 31st Hours: Monday 10:00am – 2:00pm, Thursday 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- April 1st – September 30: Monday & Thursday 10:00am – 2:00pm, Friday 10:00am – 4:00pm
Accepted Material at Rural Recycling Depots:
- Recycle BC accepted material
- Paper & Cardboard (no plastic windows OR plastic backed paper)
- Plastic Bags & Overwrap
- Flexible Plastic Packaging
- Cork, batteries, cellphones, plastic writing tools (e.g.pens, markers, highlighters, etc.), and Garbage bags.
- All accepted recycling must be EMPTY & CLEAN.
Private Business Recyclers:
- Augusta Recyclers: Monday – Saturday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Sunshine Disposal & Recycling: Monday – Saturday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Wilde Road Sand & Gravel: Call 604.483.9666 for hours of operation.
Recycle paper, glass, metal, plastic & styrofoam that fall within Recycle BC’s program. Check the Recycle BC Guide for details. Augusta receives scrap metal for free & garbage for a fee. Contact. Monday – Saturday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
7346 Sunshine Coast Hwy 604.485.4072
Sunshine Disposal & Recycling (4484 Franklin Ave. 604.485.0167)
Sunshine Disposal & Recycling offers bin rentals and collection for paper & cardboard, organics and yard clean up or construction waste for a fee. Contact.
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm, Saturday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Residents can also drop off larger loads of organics and weed-free yard trimmings for free. AND, free BC Used Oil & Gas Drop-Off site. Only on:
Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wilde Road Sand & Gravel (4951 Tomkinson Rd. (off Wilde Rd) 604.483.9666)
A new service north of Powell River offering free drop off of cardboard & newsprint, yard clippings & tree trimmings, appliances (refrigerant removal fee applies for fridges & freezers) and metal for residents only. Business clients please contact for fee details. Call for hours of operation for drop-offs.
Sunset Coast Bottle Depot (7127 Duncan Street (604) 489-0011)
Bring in bottles for deposit and recycle small appliances. Website.
Monday – Saturday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Contact for a free box to collect used batteries (box comes with mailing address and postage already on it to make sending it off once it’s full easy and free!)
For a fun and informative way to find out what products are recyclable in our area, check out the Recycling Council of British Columbia’s Recyclepedia.
Powell River Recycling Collection Service (5399A Manson 604.483.7990)
Local recycling pick-up contract service.
Monday -Saturday 8:30am – 5:00pm